Saturday, January 31, 2009

Christmas with the Young's

Nana, Pop, Uncle Richard and Aunt Alison came a few weeks early to celebrate Christmas with us in Tupelo. They live in Meridian, Mississippi where Ben and I were born and raised. Here are the happy couples now. Can you guess which one is Pop? Before Alison married Richard we told her that we didn't take a lot of pictures in this family. Wonder if she has figured out that we were lying yet?


Of course they spoiled us all with wonderful gifts. Madelyn got a my little pony that dances and sings, a digital camera, a doll table and chair set, tickets for pony rides at the buffalo park, educational magnet sets, and a coloring book. Ben and I received a much needed gift of money. Nana also gave Ben a very treasured cross-sticted Nativity scene. She made it when Ben was little boy and he has always loved it.

For dinner we had Pork roast, sweet potato casserole, brocolli casserole, deviled eggs, squash and rolls. For dessert we had a runny pecan pie (thanks to my oven) and a chocolate chess pie. Pops said he liked runney pecan pie....but I think he was trying to make me feel better!

No comments:

Post a Comment