Saturday, May 1, 2010

My 35th Birthday

I had a wonderful birthday inspite of getting one year older. Ben took the day off so we didn't do school. Ben and Jackson went and got donuts for breakfast and we just kind of had a lazy start to our day. Then we went to eat lunch at Newks (Madelyn's pick). That evening around 4pm my sweet friend Shawna came and got my kids and took them to her house so Ben and I could have a date. She had called Ben earlier in the week and worked up this surprise plan. She is so sweet! Ben and I went to Starbucks and got coffee, then went to both bookstores and then ate at Red Lobster. It was nice to actually get to talk to my husband for once. That morning Ben told me "well baby your halfway to 70" He thinks he is so funny. I am so thankful for the time, health, family and friends the Lord has blessed me with. The day before my birthday I meet some of my dearest friends at Ballard Park for lunch. We had a fun day enjoying being outside. My friend Jennifer made me the neatest door hanger with my last name on it. She is really talented. My friend Shawna brought cupcakes for the kids to eat. Then we went to see the new baby ducks and tried to fly a kite. It was a very good day!

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad you enjoyed your birthday, we enjoyed your kiddos! It made me feel good to know you were having some quality time with Ben. I'll put it on the calendar for next year too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad you had a very happy day and a birthday date too! :) Happy Birthday!!!

    ReplyDelete