Thursday, April 22, 2010

Almost a Year Later...

Ok so it has been a year since I last blogged. God called us to homeschool Madelyn this year so I guess I can just use that excuse right. We are currently finishing up the first grade and ready for a fun packed summer. Jackson is now 2 1/2 and into everything. He has been saying the funniest things lately and that is why I decided that I needed to blog again so that I could put his funny words down so I will not forget them. A few days ago we were on our way to pick up Madelyn from her homeschool class at TCPS and I hit a curb. (Yes I need to slow down) Anyway, I said "Landsakes" Then Jackson said "Mommy you did it, good job, I so proud of you." Only a 2 year old would compliment that kind of driving. Jackson has started backtalking and even told me to be quiet one day and I told him "Jackson, You don't talk to me like that I am your Mother." Well the other day he was about to dump a box of Legos onto my bedroom floor and I said "Jackson, no take those to the living room," He looked at me as serious as can be and with his finger pointing he said "You don't talk to me like that, I Jackson." Now of course I had to walk out of the room and laugh and regain my composer before I went back to him and explained that he wasn't to talk to me like that. Even in the toughest moments of raising this little rambunctious little boy I thank God for the tremendous joy he has brought into our home. Ok so now to Madelyn. She is taking the SAT's at TCPS this week. I have so enjoyed teaching her at home this year. God has just blessed our time together. She was actually saved back in October and I have just watched her grow in her love of our Awesome Lord. I thank God that he has allowed me to experience this growth with her, because it has made me grow closer to God myself. We have prayed and prayed and prayed about next year and we have really felt that God would have us homeschool second grade also. Although this has been a tough first year, the special moments we have had way outweigh the tough moments.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Angie. I enjoyed looking back at your family's pictures. You'll be so glad one day that you took the time to capture so many of Madelyn and Jackson's smiles and memories and funny moments. :) You know I'm cheering you along and praying for you as you continue homeschooling. I'm thankful for your friendship. God bless your sweet family!

    ReplyDelete