Wednesday, April 28, 2010

The Lord's Supper

I had to write this so that I can always remember it. We began each day of school with Bible study. Madelyn reads a story out of her Beginner's Bible and then I read the same story out of my Bible. This Monday our lesson was on the last supper. Madelyn had many questions and really got into this lesson. Today she came to me and said "mommy can I have a piece of bread and some fruit juice?" I said "baby it is too close to supper for a snack." Then she said "but mommy I want to eat the Lord's supper to please God." Also before I forget this, last week she was taking the SAT's at TCPS and the teacher had said that they could bring a book to read in case they finished early. So on Monday I sent Beverly Cleary's Henry and Rigsby with her. When I was packing her bag for Tuesday she said "Mommy I would rather take my Bible to read today." It has been such a blessing and encouragement to watch Madelyn grow in her love for the Lord. There have been many times lately when I have come into the living room and she will be on the couch with my Bible. It is amazing that God is using my little girl to encourage me in my walk with Him. Thank you God!

No comments:

Post a Comment